Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bring 'Em Out: Rise of the Consumer

So, I do not read Business Insider. Which is why I chose to use one of their headlines as a contrast for my thesis of rising consumer spending.



Black Friday sales plummeted this year, leaving retailers completely stumped.  
After weeks of declining gas prices, many analysts predicted the biggest holiday season ever. Industry groups like the National Retail Federation reasoned that Americans would use their fuel savings on gifts.  
Despite encouraging forecasts, Black Friday weekend sales were down 11%. Cyber Monday sales rose 8%, falling short of many predictions. 
So where are the customers?

Where are the customers at? Where they at?

The Lord Purveyor of Future Obligations, His Royal Roll-Over of Timely Payment,  Fortress of Accountability, Luke The Debtor saith: Buying higher ticket items.

That's just me. Maybe no one else feels that same way. But after 6 years of paying down debt, I wonder if this drop in oil prices is giving people the premature illusion of prosperity. But, the data are not in to show this. Where are the customers? It is time say Luke The Debtor...bring 'em out!


2 comments:

  1. But after 6 years of paying down debt, I wonder if this drop in oil prices is giving people the premature illusion of prosperity.

    Illusion of prosperity? I don't know. Seems like a crazy theory to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete